STUDY AT FACENS (INCOMING)
Undergraduate students from international partner higher education institutions can apply through cooperation agreements to study for one or two semesters with tuition fee waiver. Access to the step by step below and find out how.
Moreover, international students can also study at Facens through their own initiative (free movers) in undergraduate and graduate programs and enroll for short term courses (short-terms) as vacancies open. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in studying with us!
Double Degree agreements allow international students from partner institutions to study a period at Facens obtaining a degree from both institutions. Requirements and study periods vary according to each double degree agreement.
The Double Degree agreement signed between Facens and Universitat de Lleida (UdL) allows the student of UdL to enroll in their home institution calls to attend 2 semesters of mobility in Brazil and receive the undergraduate degree of both institutions at the end of this process.
The Double Degree agreement signed between Facens and the Instituto Politécnico da Guarda (IPG), in Portugal, allows IPG Civil Engineering students to study for 6 months in Brazil and at the end of this process receive the undergraduate degree of both institutions.
Facens welcomes international students every year for short-term programs on its campus, offering workshops, activities in its laboratories and innovation centers and visits to companies and industries in the region. Contact us at email@example.com to request a customized short-term proposal to your institution!
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
Step by step (+)
1. The home institution sends the nomination of the interested international student;
2. Wait for the contact of the DRI requesting necessary documents and giving instructions;
3. Send to DRI the requested documents and wait for the letter of acceptance;
4. With the letter of acceptance in hand, apply for the visa at the consular office responsible in your country;
5. Upon receiving your visa, pack your bags and prepare for an unforgettable experience;
6. Welcome to FACENS!
Required documents (+)
Request to us the list of documents required for studying in Brazil.
All visa information is responsibility of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Federal Police. Consult Official information:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs: www.mre.gov.br
Federal Police: http://www.dpf.gov.br/
List of Consulates in Brazil: www.consulados.com.br/paises
After entering the country with a student visa, the international student MUST provide the National Migratory Registration Card (CRNM). The necessary procedures and documentation are available on the Federal Police website here (Item “Autorização de Residência – Para fins de estudo”).
The international student MUST hire health insurance covering the entire period of mobility, with medical coverage in case of illness or accident, personal accidents and medical or funeral repatriation.
– High school transcript of records – 1 copy and the original (only for students who will graduate at Facens. E.g. Double Degree program);
– Birth certificate – 1 copy and the original;
– Identity card (ID) – 1 copy and the original;
– CPF (Brazilian ID that you require when you are already in Brazil)- 1 copy and the original;
– Proof of residence – 1 copy;
– Photo 3/4.
Note: candidates with high school degree or equivalent abroad MUST provide the evidence of equivalence of studies by the State Council of Education (in Brazil) before registration in case of Double Degree or registration as a free mover.
Items that cannot be left out of your bag:
– Document holder with letter of acceptance, health insurance policy, passport and emergency contact list;
– Universal adapter plug;
– Sunscreen and other protective items (cap, sunglasses, etc.);
– Insect repellent;
– Comfortable clothing for temperature variations (in some cities the weather can change radically from one hour to the next. Average temperature in Sorocaba is from 8ºC to 35ºC throughout the year);
– Bring an initial value in cash (in Brazil money exchange is more bureaucratic than in other destinations);
– Enable the international function of your credit card before coming.